Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Now Playing and Default posters

Installation guide and Issues
Tolahouse
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Now Playing and Default posters

Sun May 17, 2020 4:47 pm

My system is running perfectly. I have an Emby Server back-end and Kodi Clients. Coming Soon, Now Playing and Intermission all work fine and movie posters from the Kodi Client show up ok.

What I have noticed and I won't say its a problem because it maybe how its been designed is that when using the default posters in MovieNow, Now playing doesn't work. Secondly I have moved a load of animated posters into Custom Folder 1 but I can't get any of them to show up - is it because they are all .gif Do MovieNow posters have to be .jpg

Appreciate the app. Thanks
0raid
Site Admin

Re: Now Playing and Default posters

Sun May 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Tolahouse wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:47 pm
My system is running perfectly. I have an Emby Server back-end and Kodi Clients. Coming Soon, Now Playing and Intermission all work fine and movie posters from the Kodi Client show up ok.

What I have noticed and I won't say its a problem because it maybe how its been designed is that when using the default posters in MovieNow, Now playing doesn't work. Secondly I have moved a load of animated posters into Custom Folder 1 but I can't get any of them to show up - is it because they are all .gif Do MovieNow posters have to be .jpg

Appreciate the app. Thanks
1) Default Custom Poster is separate view and support only coming soon! - it's not connected to KODI view
2) Custom folders recognize without issue jpg , gif , png files. - maybe your animated posters is not native gif files? or has wrong color format? , send me one poster to check it out....warning all this movie posters you find online its not HD (1080x1920) , so it looks bad...
Tolahouse
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Sun May 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Thanks Man. i got custom folders working - I just hadn't changed the working directory.

Waiting patiently for the link between custom folder and Now playing.

Thanks
0raid
Site Admin

Sun May 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Tolahouse wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:17 pm
Thanks Man. i got custom folders working - I just hadn't changed the working directory.

Waiting patiently for the link between custom folder and Now playing.

Thanks
yes its something that i need to add! :)

cheers man! enjoy movienow!
Tolahouse
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Do you have any script/cronjob that would switch MovieNow from Custom Folders to Kodi if any function in Kodi is activated like PLAY, PAUSE, REW etc. This way I could run my custom folders and only activate Kodi folders for Now Playing and Intermission.
0raid
Site Admin

Sun May 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Tolahouse wrote:
Do you have any script/cronjob that would switch MovieNow from Custom Folders to Kodi if any function in Kodi is activated like PLAY, PAUSE, REW etc. This way I could run my custom folders and only activate Kodi folders for Now Playing and Intermission.
yes i will post later today or tomorrow a script monitor KODI if playing something.......
gwcr
Donator Rank ****
Donator Rank ****

Mon May 18, 2020 3:14 pm

0raid wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:21 pm
Tolahouse wrote:
yes i will post later today or tomorrow a script monitor KODI if playing something.......
Would love to see that with Plex too.
ae0705t
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Would love that too!

Return to “General Support”